Terms & Conditions
of participation in the IALE 2022 European Landscape Ecology Congress
§1. General provisions
1. The terms used in the Regulations should be understood as follows:
- Congress – IALE 2022 European Landscape Ecology Congress, scheduled to take place online on July 11-15, 2022;
- Local Organisers:
I. Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization Polish Academy of Sciences, Twarda 51/55, 00-818 Warsaw,
II. Faculty of Geography and Regional Studies, University of Warsaw, Krakowskie Przedmieście 30, 00-927 Warsaw,
III. Polish Association for Landscape Ecology, Twarda 51/55, 00-818 Warsaw;
- Registration system (referred to as: "System") – an internet application at https://iale2022.ptqv.pl/ operated by Polish Travel Quo Vadis Sp. z o.o., that enables the processing of Participant registration for the Congress;
- Registration System Operator: Polish Travel Quo Vadis Sp. z o.o., Ptasia 2, 00-138 Warsaw, responsible for online registration, payments and invoicing, working on behalf of the Local Organisers;
- User – any person using the System in order to register for the Congress;
- Participant – natural persons who are at least 18 years of age and have full legal capacity, who have correctly registered for the Congress and made payment for participating in the Congress until June 30, 2022;
- Conclusion of a participation agreement – the moment when the Registration System Operator confirms that the participation application has been accepted by sending an e-mail to the Participant’s e-mail address;
- Registration of participation – correct registration for the Congress via the System and payment of the fee for participation in the Congress by June 30, 2022.
2. Additional information:
- The scope of operation of the System involves retaining a database of Participant registrations and enabling the Registration System Operator and the Local Organisers to process these registrations;
- The technical requirements to use the System are not different from the usual requirements necessary when using the Internet. The User must have a computer with Internet access and a respective software that allows the Internet to be browsed;
- The Terms & Conditions constitute an inherent part of the Registration of participation and apply to all Participants.
§2. Registration of participation in the Congress
1. Registration of participation in the Congress shall last from April 1, 2022 until June 30, 2022 (May 31 for contributors).
2. Registration of participation is carried out only via the official Congress registration system available at https://iale2022.ptqv.pl/
3. In order to register correctly in the System, the User is obliged to complete properly all fields in the registration form.
4. The User guarantees that all data provided during registration are correct. The Local Organisers are not responsible for the consequences of providing incorrect data in the registration form.
5. In order to complete the registration, the User must submit a declaration the Terms & Conditions have been accepted.
6. The registration will be confirmed by an e-mail automatically generated by the system (“Confirmation of registration”) and sent to the e-mail address stated by the User.
7. The User registering for the Congress undertakes to pay the registration fee referred to in § 3 point 1.
8. Registration is considered to be complete when the following conditions are met: the registration form is filled in and the Congress fee payment is credited to Registration System Operator account. Registration will be confirmed by an e-mail sent to the Participant’s address. The date the full payment is received will be considered the date of registration.
9. Changes to your original registration should be sent in writing to the Local Organisers to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
§3. Congress fee, payment, invoice
1. The registration fee depends on the Participant's status and the payment date as follows:
(April 1 – April 30, 2022)
(May 1 – June 30*, 2022)
|STUDENT/ IALE MEMBER||€ 50 / 225 PLN||€ 75 / 335 PLN|
|REGULAR||€ 100 / 450 PLN||€ 125 / 560 PLN|
* Deadline for contributors: May 31, 2022
Student category includes those enrolled in doctorate, master or bachelor degree programs. IALE member category includes those in good standing as of 2021 or 2022.
2. Payments should be made to the following Registration System Operator bank account numbers:
a) payments in €
|Account number:||77 1140 1010 0000 5467 0500 1002|
|Payment title:||IALE 2022 Warsaw, Participant first and last name|
b) payments in PLN
|Account number:||07 1140 1010 0000 5467 0500 1001|
|Payment title:||IALE 2022 Warsaw, Participant first and last name|
3. Payment should be made online by credit card or online transfer (available in Poland only) immediately after filling in the registration form (automatic redirecting) or by traditional bank transfer within 7 working days from the registration. All costs of money transfer are covered by the Participants.
4. The invoice will be issued form by the 15th day of the month following the month in which the payment took place, and using the billing details provided on the registration. Only a digital version of invoices will be sent to Participants.
5. Both Regular and Student/IALE member Congress fees include:
- access to the Congress virtual platform
- the participation in all online events (plenary sessions, parallel symposia sessions, poster sessions, virtual social events)
- creating environment for virtual networking among the participants during the Congress
- access to all the e-posters
- Book of Abstracts in an electronic PDF version (with ISBN and DOI)
§4. Cancellation Policy
1. The Participant may cancel his/her participation without giving any reasons for the cancellation. Requests for registration cancellation must be addressed in writing and sent by e-mail to email@example.com. In case of cancellation received by the Local Organisers prior to May 31, 2022, the Participant shall receive the refund of 80% of the Congress fee, and if the cancellation is received by the Local Organisers after May 31, 2022, the Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of any part of the Congress fee.
2. The Congress fee is refunded directly to the bank account from which the Congress fee was paid or to the account stated by the Participant in the statement of cancellation within 28 business days from the date of receipt of the cancellation or without undue delay.
3. In case of absence or technical problems on the part of the Participant (failure to meet the basic hardware requirements and internet connection for video calls), Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of any part of the Congress fee. Detailed hardware, software and internet requirements will be provided at the time of selecting the supplier of the Congress virtual platform.
§5. Force majeure. Cancellation, changing the date of the Congress
1. Force majeure is understood as a sudden external event, independent of the Local Organisers, impossible to prevent, which makes fulfillment of the commitment impossible in whole or in the declared by the Local Organisers form and scope. Examples of such events are in particular: wars, natural disasters, strikes, cyber-attacks, epidemics and pandemics, states of emergency or martial law.
2. In case such an independent of the Local Organisers event happen, caused by force majeure, the Local Organisers can cancel the Congress or change its dates. The Local Organisers are not responsible for the loss of profit by the Participant and does not reimburse the costs incurred by the Participant due to the changes. In case the Congress is cancelled due to Force majeure, registration fee will be refunded in 80% within 28 business days from the date the Participant is informed about the cancellation.
3. In the case the date of the Congress is changed for reasons attributable to Force majeure or the Local Organisers, the Participant can decide to withdraw from participation in the Congress and to receive the 80% refund of the Congress fee. The Local Organisers shall be informed about the Participant withdrawal within 30 days from the date the information on changing the date is distributed. The Congress fee shall be refunded to the Participant within 28 business days from the date the Participant information about the withdrawal is received or without undue delay.
4. In the case the Congress is cancelled for reasons attributable to the Local Organisers, the entire Congress fee shall be refunded to the Participant within 28 business days from the date the Participant is informed about the cancellation or without undue delay.
5. The Organisers refund the Congress fee to the bank account from which the transfer was made or to the account stated by the Participant.
6. The Local Organisers will inform the Participants about the occurrence of the cases referred to in points 2, 3 or 4 by posting the relevant information on the Congress website and in addition by e-mail, provided the Participant Registration data contain a correct e-mail address.
§6. Final provisions
1. The Local Organisers reserve the right to change the keynote speakers and/or the program of the Congress at any time, without giving reasons.
2. The Local Organisers reserve the right to use the e-mail address provided during registration for the Congress to inform the Participant about any changes to the program and/or other important developments related to the Congress.
3. Complaints should be filed by writing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to facilitate the complaint handling process, the Local Organisers ask to include in the complaint: data that identifies the Participant, the date of the complaint event, reasons for the complaint, and the way the complaint should be resolved as expected by the Participant. The Local Organisers shall review the complaint and respond by e-mail within 30 days from the date of the complaint submission.
4. Contact with the Local Organisers is possible at the following postal address: IGiPZ PAN, Twarda 51/55, 00-818 Warsaw, Poland and by e-mail at email@example.com.
5. All Participants are required to treat everyone with respect and consideration, communicate thoughtfully with others and be considerate of views and opinions that are different from your own, in all situations, including oral and written communication, be respectful in your critique of ideas, and critique ideas rather than individuals.
6. The Participant accepts that if the Local Organisers determine that the Participant breaches the provisions of these Terms & Conditions, the Organisers are entitled to deny the Participant the participation in the Congress and block access to the Congress virtual platform, without warning or refund.
7. Making a registration as a Participant is tantamount to the acceptance of the Terms & Conditions.
8. Any disputes that may arise in connection with the participation in the Congress shall be settled by the court having territorial jurisdiction for the Organisers seat.