By registering you give consent for all the personal data you included in the Registration Form to be processed for the purposes of organising the IALE 2022 European Landscape Ecology Congress under the European Parliament's and Council of the European Union Regulation on the Protection of Natural Persons as of 27 April 2016, with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive).
By registering, you agree to share the “ordinary personal data” you provide (your name, affiliation and country) with the other participants who will attend the meeting, to enable effective networking and business exchanges to take place.
By registering, you agree that Congress Organisers may communicate with you via email, post or other methods with important messages relating to the Congress.
By registering, you agree that your name, affiliation and country will be included in the Book of Abstracts and in the Congress Programme, and will be published at the Congress website (www.iale2022.eu). By registering you agree that your ordinary data will be shared with sub-contractors such as virtual platform operators for this purpose only. Your data will never be sold or shared with external parties.
By registering, you also agree to let the Congress Organisers record and use photo/video material in which you may be included this being in promotional material, whether in print, electronic or other media, including social media and the Congress website. Congress Organisers reserve the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. The photograph/video may be used in publications or other media material produced by Congress Organisers, i.e. brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc. Naturally, participants always have the right for their picture to be removed. Should you wish to have your picture or video removed, please contact us and we will take action accordingly.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The Controller of your personal data
The Controller of your personal data will be the Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization Polish Academy of Sciences, with the seat in Warsaw, Twarda 51/55.
Data Protection Officer
In order to perform the tasks of supervision and verification of the processing status of the personal data we designated the Data Protection Officer (DPO). You can contact DPO directly at email@example.com.
Purposes and personal data processing period
The personal data we collect is used for the following purposes:
- enabling you to participate in the IALE 2022 European Landscape Ecology Congress in accordance with article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR for the duration of the Congress;
- documentation and publication of material related to the event (photo/video) in accordance with article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR until time an objection is made;
- performance and demonstration of fulfilment of obligations related to the performance of your rights under the GDPR pursuant to article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR over the period of prescription of potential claims.
Recipient of the data
In addition to us, access to your data may have a number of entities. They may be service providers with whom we cooperate, and who help us in the Congress organization. These entities process personal data on our behalf and must meet high security standards. We only share information that allows them to provide us services or facilitate their provision to you.
In some circumstances, we may be legally obliged to provide information about you. For example, by a court order or a public authority decision. In any case, we make sure that we have a legal basis to share information about you and document our decisions.
Your data protection rights
Remember, according to GDPR, you have the:
- right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information;
- right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete;
- right to erase - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. You can ask us to delete data about you and, in some circumstances, we must then do so;
- right to restrict processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing your information;
- right to data portability - This only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organization to another, or give it to you;
- right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority - If you consider that the processing of your data infringes GDPR without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in particular in the Member State (EU) of Your residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
Do you have questions regarding processing? We will be happy to answer them!
Individual applications regarding the implementation of your rights related to the processing of data, please forward to: